Monday 14 September 2009

Gathering Electrics.......

My cr2 conversion is yet to arrive. I know JC is having some difficulty with the ariel holders at the moment but I'm sure its worth the wait.

Now while i was waiting i decided a wise move would be to collect all the bits i need together. I didnt previously own a Saddle Pack Lipo so I bought a IP4200 Saddle Pack. I also Purchased a Second hand losi Xcellorin S so i could utilise its reverse rotation feature. Finally i purchased a Savox 1251MG low Profile servo. The CR2 requires aftermarket servo posts. AC recomends you use AE servo posts, I have personally bought a pair of trinity blue alloy servo posts which add that blue bling factor to the car.



Savox 1251MG:

I was told by a friend of mine Tony Parr that with a STD size servo the electronics installation could be a little tight but was do able. Previously in my std CR i had run a old KO PROPO 712 FET servo. I was getting tired of soldering the 7.2v FET wire and was getting a little old. So I decided to purchase a new low profile servo. Ive always been a fan of KO servo's and had always run them in my cars but when i was looking at low profile servo's they where rather pricey much more than what i wanted to pay. After searching about for a second hand item i was recomended to try a savox servo. I had heard about them and heard they where good but ide never really looked into them at great depth. After a little investigation I looked into the specs and people's opinions on them and decided to take the plunge and ordered a SC-1251 From DMS Racing for around £44. When it arriveed i was impressed with the quality good quality tough looking case and nice smooth action. Only Fault i can find with the servo is the length of the wire being rather long. Longer than most cars need.


More to Come soon.........

No comments:

Post a Comment